Saturday, April 26, 2008

Music

Music is my best friend, my best accompaniment. Music is always there irregardless when i'm moody, i'm down, or i'm happy. In short, music is my life.

I've started learning piano at da age of 4 and after much delays and hardships, i finally gotten my grade 6 certificate during my pre-secondary years. Its quite amusing dat although i've learnt piano for almost 10 years, during dat period, i somehow didn't develop an interest in music. Wat kept me goin on was da thinking dat it would all be wasted after coming so far n quitting it half way. After my grade 6 cert, i noe dat it was impossible for a person who do not have interest in music and has bad finger control to actually continue dis road and I chose 2 stop learning. Surprised enough, it was only after quitting piano dat i start to fell in love with music. Maybe b4 dat i was 2 obsess with daily chores like homework, tuitions, lessons and all like any other kid in my area.

As i grow up, i've faced many obstacles. However, it was my piano dat went through da thick n thin all da time. It made me start 2 think dat not quitting in da 1st place was definitely da rite choice. When in da absence of my piano since i'm, studying away from home, i listen 2 music.
Whether if i'm down, i'm studying, i'm bored, i'm furious, i'm in love, i'm missing love, i'm travelling or so, music n i are inseparable. It certainly helped me went through my breakup when i needed it da most. Since i've gotten my new phone, ppl use to criticize my habit of listening to da headphone 24/7 but little do they noe bout my love for music.

My love for music developed to da extent dat i've even tried to compose songs which got me a chance to have it presented in a concert. Some say my composing sucks, some say dat its a good start, but little do they noe bout da story hidden beneath dis song and its origins. However, it was good experience working with pianist, guitarists, drummer and singers which small amount of ppl get the chance to experience. Anyway, i stopped composing due 2 lack of time but definitely haven't gave up on it.

Now, i have onli 2 dreams on music. 1, to compose a song good enough for an album's ost and 2, to own my own grand piano. Sounds impossible but my dream is 2 make it possible.


- Another post after my 2nd sleepless nite -

No comments: